How to find the best ‘document centralization solution’ for your company?
Why Document centralization?
Recently customers are looking at document centralization solution rather amicably.
Some customers are still in a nightmare of inconvenient and expensive initial document centralization solution, while some ClouDoc users add the number of users from the first, the second, the third, up to the fourth.
In terms of a solution, document centralization solution tends to largely replace the following two solutions.
- Replacement of the existing document management (EDMS) : For effective document centralization and utilization, Document centralization is better than existing EDMS.
- Replacement of the existing drawing security and document security (DRM) : From the point of compatibility and management of CAD drawing application, document centralization is good for efficiency improvement.
In terms of utilization, there are many customers for the following purposes.
- Drawing security
- Source code security
- Malicious code prevention
- Information leakage prevention from Cloud service or P2P
How to select a proper Document centralization solution
Functional development of the document centralization solution is awesome. In case of ClouDoc, vendors sometimes visit customers in person and bring good ideas to market in the shortest time.
Currently, document centralization solutions can be largely divided into three schedules.
- Schedule 1, Security only : Only a storage prohibition function is loaded. Central document drive uses the network storage like NAS.
- Schedule 2, Hooking & Exclusive explorer : Hooking the standard work environment allows the solution to provide separate environment.
- Schedule 3, Standard (window file system)type : Offer of a window file system drive allows all work available in standardized methods.
As Schedule 1 provides a security function only, strictly speaking with no document management function, it will be excluded from this description.
What problems in Hooking, Schedule 2?
- Applications without Hooking not yet cannot be stored in the center.
- Applications with Hooking impossible (graphic tools like 3D CAD applications and Indesign) cannot be stored in the center.
- Despite the promotion to support CAD, actually they are stored in C: drive and backed up in the center! Latest version always exists in PC only.
- - Hooking is impossible for applications, where input/output in file is not done like Outlook but input/output of some blocks are done frequently.
- When interlocking with period system and file attachment like groupware, ERP, and so on in the future is necessary, separate development cost is required: high cost structure.
Finally, how about Schedule 3? Window file system, the standard type of Schedule 3, is the best type in compatibility for customers. However, Schedule 3 also requires harsh verification before product selection.
- Aren’t a lot of troubles happening in the existing customers?
- Blue screen: No response/ Document disappears/ Input/output errors often occur in some applications/ …
- How many persons can be accommodated in a server?
- Is there any temporary file left in the local disk of PC?
- Doesn’t it cause a lot of load on the network of the company?
- In case of the customer with many users, does it support an extendable architecture using L4 device or the like?
- Does it directly support input/output of CAD drawings to and from the center?
- In case of some products, CAD application can be stored only in the local disk at all times.
- What are the names of customers with over 1,000 users using Window explorer file system among existing references?
<Picture> How to select a proper Document centralization solution
Interlocking with the other system
Let’s see again the interlocking with the other system mentioned in the above for a while.
In case of ClouDoc, document can be attached to the other system without separate development. To the contrary, attached document of the other system can be stored in the ClouDoc.
However, in case of document centralization system of a hooking type, separate development is necessary to attach a document to the other system. Will it be no wonder to spend additional cost for the development?
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/cloudoc.netid
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/coreajazz2
SlideShare : http://www.slideshare.net/coreajazz
English Blog : http://mycloudoc.blogspot.kr/
Japanese Blog :
Korean Blog : http://blog.naver.com/coreajazz
Naver Cafe : http://cafe.naver.com/cloudoc4security
Daum Cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/cloudoc